The Eng Professional Year Program was developed by Engineering Education Australia to give international Engineering graduates from Australian universities the skills and training they need to start their career. The Eng Professional Year consists of training and an Eng internship placement to provide a pathway from study to employment in Australia.
Benefits of The Eng Professional Year
- Enhance your career prospects
- Add value to your resume
- Improve interview techniques
- Study in Corporate style facilities
- Develop an understanding of the Australian workplace
- Develop an understanding of Australian Business Language & Work Practices
- Gain a Professional Year certificate – Become an official member of a relevant professional body
- Gain valuable work experience by completing an internship in Eng
- Qualify for migration points towards permanent residence
- 45 weeks, as gazetted by DHA
- Australian work practices
- Business communications
- Professional Australian Eng internship for 12 weeks (Full Time Hours)
To qualify for the Eng Professional Year Program, you must have:
- Successfully attained and completed an Eng-related Bachelor or Master degree or higher Qualification from an Australian tertiary institution (minimum two years’ full-time study in Australia completed within the last 48 months)
- Hold a valid passport and visa with at least 12 months validity that allows full work and study rights whilst undertaking the Engineering Professional Year Program. Preference will be given to those currently on a 485 Temporary Graduate visa (either Graduate Work or Post-Study Work stream) or active Bridging Visa A.
- Hold a valid IELTS minimum band score of 6.0 (Academic or General), no band below 6.0 (or PTE or TOEFL equivalent score) undertaken within the three years immediately prior to the date of Professional Year commencement.
- Undertake an application interview to ensure course suitability and viability.
- Positive Migration Skills Assessment from Engineers Australia or official Engineers Australia tax receipt for the skills assessment application.
Program Fees For Eng Professional Year
- $350 Administration Fees (Upfront – Paid Directly to EEA)
- $15,200 Tuition Fee (Upfront – Paid Directly to EEA) OR
- $15,500 if the Participant pays by three (3) instalments over four (4) months (Instalments – Paid Directly to EEA)
Program Description – EEA PYP
Subject 1 – Communication and performance in the Australian Workplace (CPW)
CPW1 Performance in business meetings
CPW2 Workplace communication
CPW4 Business writing
CPW5 Reporting to managers
Subject 2 – Entry and advancement in the Australian Workplace (EAW)
EAW1 Australian workplace culture
EAW2 Workplace relationships
EAW3 Professional Performance
EAW4 Prepare a tailored job application
EAW5 Interview preparation
Subject 3 – Internship & Online Starting In An Engineering Workplace